The Digital Development Lead is responsible for the curation, dissemination, coaching and governance of design and development standards and best practices for the development and maintenance of digital banking system solutions. Working closely with the architecture team, digital delivery teams and vendor partners, the Digital Development Lead will collaborate on technical specifications, coding standards, tool selections and implementations associated with advanced engineering practices and CI/CD Agile/DevOps methods.
- Leads design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Coaches, mentors and may supervise other developers as assigned. Provides associated performance feedback, creates staff development plans with respect to the acquisition of strategic technical skills and proficiencies.
- Governs technical deliverables developed by internal developers and vendor partners to ensure conformance with agreed upon standards.
- Assists delivery leaders with resource and systems capacity planning and estimation efforts.
- Develops detailed application, product, and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements; assumes full accountability for developing business, technical and functional requirements for complex issues.
- Develops software engineering and delivery strategies that keep pace with practices in technology and emerging market trends.
- Provides senior level consulting services to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results with respect to software engineering.
- Responsible for satisfactory internal and external audits of systems by ensuring compliance with Bank's policies such as IT Governance, Info Security and more. Reviews and generates all the necessary documentation
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team members and management as to the status and issues surrounding projects and tasks.
- Collaborates with the architecture team and other technical delivery teams on technical roadmaps and resulting capability improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 10 years of software engineering experience as a developer, with a minimum of 5 years in digital/mobile solutions
- 5 years of experience with Agile \DevOps execution and related CI\CD practice building
- 3 years of experience coaching and leading small to mid-size teams as a manager and/or technical lead.
- Strong knowledge of programming and design best practices and industry trends.
- Experience with responsive and mobile frameworks highly desired (e.g. Angular, React, Native mobile)
- Experience deploying solutions in the public cloud, including the configuration of containers desired.
- Strong knowledge of programming and software design & development best practices and industry trends.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.