Mgr, User Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4802
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Marketing
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
The Manager of User Experience plays a key role in executing MSC’s user experience strategy, maximizing site usability, & increasing conversion rate. This position will manage a team of user experience professionals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute MSC’s user experience strategy for all digital and mobile properties including, innovative search and navigation features.
- Manage the development of user experience deliverables and ensures user-centered design techniques are incorporated into all projects executed by the team.
- Work cross functionally to validate user experience design strategies and optimal interaction behaviors with all stakeholders.
- Produce high-quality, interaction and visual designs from concept to deployment.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of online content development, including conceptualization, documentation, design and deployment.
- Work with Creative, Marketing, Site Operations and Online Merchandising staff in conceptualizing, developing and implementing content sections, user-generated content and video, online merchandising feature sections, editorial content, etc.
- Manage the production schedule of content through the development process including: scheduling, gathering content, content management, business requirements documentation, site development, QA, bug fixes and site roll-out.
- Establish workflow and approval process for Content Management system across all Company websites
- Create and maintain standards for website templates and their use across all websites
- Partner with Search team to ensure content strategy and execution is aligned with achieving highest SEO value, identifying and implementing opportunities to gain organic search share
- Insure quality of content by maintaining, reviewing and approving content for website display
- Review, investigate and resolve any reports of content or user interface errors.
- Manages Content Team; responsible for hiring, development, and evaluation of the eCommerce design staff; coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- Participate in MSC’s user experience research and usability study platform.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of an MSC Manager as defined in the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or other related field, or the equivalent work experience is required.
- MBA is preferred.
- At least 6 months experience hiring, developing and managing a team is required OR a minimum of 4 years project management experience is required.
- Knowledge of large-scale Web Technology/eCommerce platforms and content management systems desirable.
- Advanced of knowledge of HTML, Photoshop is required.
- Minimum of 3 years in content production/management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an eCommerce marketing or content or user experience management role.
- Strong design background and a desire to bring user-centered design to digital and multi-channel experiences required.
- Proficient in User Experience Design (qualitative research methods, personas, usability testing) preferred.
- Strong writing, wire-framing and marketing communications skills
- Positive relationship management skills with internal contacts and outside vendors.
- Must be able to apply sound logic yet be comfortable making decisions and resolving challenges/questions
- Must be able to balance strategic and tactical work, implement web marketing tactics, communicate customer needs though tools and messaging and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive results with limited resources
- Strong problem solving skills and conflict resolution with an emphasis on customer service is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under multiple deadlines, with minimal supervision and meeting specific timelines required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 5—10% of the time are required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. Job Requirements:
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Loading some great jobs for you...