Head of Communications
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
We have a great opportunity for a Head of Communications based in Bryn Mawr, PA. Under the direction of theVP, Chief of Staff, Investor Relations and Communications, the Head of Communications is a key leadership role responsible for developing and promoting the overall messaging of the company’s strategic priorities, corporate social responsibilities, investor relations and employee experience. The role will support executive leadership as a communications advisor and strategist and lead media, community relations, internal communications and reputation management. We are searching for a dynamic individual looking to lead a team of communication professionals who will bring communication excellence in all that we do and say to our communities, customers, employees, shareholders, and media. The Head of Communications will work closely with the company’s CEO and Senior Leadership Team as a partner in developing the overall strategy and execution of internal and external communications.
- Leads strategic communications planning; design comprehensive company programs, taking into consideration organizational image, message, and positioning; mission, goals, priorities and accomplishments of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Serve as a communications and PR lead for the company; this includes proactive relationship management, reactive handling and active monitoring and reporting of media.
- Leads and builds corporate positioning and branding plans, including brand strategy and identity.
- Oversees the preparation of press releases for senior level appointments, acquisitions, etc. establishing and maintaining a consistent image of the company throughout all operations, press releases, events, and print materials.
- In partnership with Human Resources, develops effective employee communications plans that strengthen recruitment, employee value proposition, engagement and support to advance our thriving culture.
- Develops strategic media relations plan that includes issues management and risk assessment components.
- Closely monitors industry related issues and the competitive landscape to adjust company messaging as needed.
- Drafts messages, presentations, executive communications, internal communications, and other media materials, as necessary.
- Works collaboratively across a variety of functions, including operating subsidiaries, investor relations, finance, corporate development, and others to support communications goals and ensure alignment with the company's overall strategy.
- Responsible for managing the communications budget for the company.
- Manages various outside PR consultants and agencies that support the company.
- Ability to develop, articulate and drive execution of large, long-term strategic communications initiatives.
- Extensive experience working with senior-most leadership with the confidence and ability to provide helpful feedback to all leadership levels.
- Proven experience working with financial functions such as Investor Relations to translate complex messaging in a creative fashion.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to comprehend and act on complex situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field. Advanced degree highly desired.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant full-time experience with developing and managing public relations and communications programs, writing, editing, and publications project management in a corporate setting.
- At least five years' experience supervising a team.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans - successful candidate should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan.
- Genuine communications savvy - strong media relations skills, a deep network, solid copy-writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills - must be able to organize work in a methodical and rigorous manner but equally comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to travel 20% of the time, work after hours and on weekends when appropriate including on-call.
Loading some great jobs for you...