Senior Director, Marketing
Compensation: $92,320.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Senior Director, Marketing reports to the Vice President, Marketing and leads the members of the ZOLGENSMA (onasemnogene abeparvovec-xioi) and AVXS-101 marketing team. The role leads the implementation of innovative, science-based marketing and communication strategies for ZOLGENSMA and AVXS-101. This is key leadership position within the organization responsible for collaborating with partners while managing the strategic, tactical and financial elements of the brand and related marketing programs. Responsibilities
- Develops and leads the ZOLGENSMA and AVXS-101 US marketing plan, including the HCP and Patient/Caregiver plans.
- Develops and leads multi-channel marketing efforts including personal and non-personal promotion efforts.
- Manages team members and capitalizes on individual strengths to enhance overall team performance while creating an environment of success.
- Directs the annual US brand strategy and tactical planning process for ZOLGENSMA and AVXS-101.
- Uses organizational and project management skills to manage effective implementation of cross-functional operating/tactical plan.
- Collaborates cross-functionally and with global marketing to ensure execution of the brand plan.
- Manages overall US marketing budget.
- Utilizes strong communication skills to effectively communicate the ZOLGENSMA and AVXS-101 marketing plan to the entire commercial organization.
- Participates in the development and management of key customer and thought leader relationships.
- In conjunction with direct reports, establishes annual objectives and developmental plans.
- Provides ongoing evaluation and feedback to ensure accomplishment of objectives builds a high performing marketing team that demonstrates strong competencies and delivers results.
- Maintains compliance with AveXis' internal processes regarding legal, regulatory and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Other Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field.
- 12+ years of pharmaceutical marketing experience.
- Rare disease product launch experience.
- Experience in development and implementation of brand plans.
- Must be a strong strategic thinker, able to assess a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, competition, research progress, etc., in order to create near and longer term marketing strategies.
- Must be able to foster cross-functional alignment of the sales organization with (through influence) marketing and patient access teams and create a disciplined, ambitious and collaborative business.
- Focus the organization on execution and delivery, with a drive and passion for winning.
- Able to integrate business knowledge, financial knowledge and analyses of available information to make sound business decisions.
- Strategic thinker and analytical professional with proven leadership skills.
- 25% travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: demand, endowment, event, lead generation, medical center, presale, principle gift, product market, twitter, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...