Head of Communications & Patient Advocacy (Flushing)
Compensation: $109,853.33 - $127,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for accessibility. To open the AudioEye Ally Toolbar, press shift + =. The toolbar contains the following
The AudioEye Help Desk to report accessibility and usability related issues.
The AudioEye Certification Statement to explain the completed testing and optimization for accessibility on this website. Ongoing analysis will continually enhance accessibility and usability.
The Reader tool to customize the visual display of this site.
The Player tool to listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a substitute for your screen reader.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Head of Communications & Patient Advocacy
Full-time Regular Watertown, MA, US
30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1044
The Head of Communications will be responsible for refining and communicating the FORMA corporate brand through all internal and external communications channels. This individual will ensure the alignment of messages between various channels, including Internal Communications, Media Relations, Marketing Communications, and Community Relationships. He/She will work closely with the FORMA senior executive team to provide counsel, respond to crisis, and maintain the integrity of the corporate brand in an ethical manner to both internal and external audiences.
The Head of Communications will have primary accountability for all corporate communications and will be the lead on all public relations, as well as external and internal communications efforts. He/She will be required to define and execute the communications strategy; define and maintain the ongoing key messaging platform; determine the appropriate person, timing, venue, and channel for each communication effort; and, in many cases, execute the communication.
External Communications / Public Relations
- Developing a strategic communications plan which may encompass outlining key audiences, stakeholders and media, as well as setting objectives, expected results, metrics for success, and timelines for key
- Developing and managing corporate brand and programs to maintain the integrity of brand identity including internal branding;
- Interacting closely with commercial efforts to ensure alignment/synergy between the corporate brand;
- Overseeing publication of all corporate communication materials;
- Developing and implementing communications surrounding corporate, business and employee communications issues integrated with the corporate strategy;
- Developing standards and measures to ensure integrated communications and consistent, effective messaging;
- Establishing communication strategies and executing plans to support FORMAs goals and strategic priorities to achieve business results;
- Providing communications counsel to executives, senior management and key program teams and supporting development of other corporate press releases and Q&As;
- Developing key messages and corporate positioning.
- Planning and implementing effective corporate and employee communications initiatives/programs that support the companys vision and strategies;
- Enhancing communication vehicles including the corporate intranet, e-mail, and e-newsletters;
- Developing internal messaging including employee themes and strategies for pushing the information to intended audiences;
- Providing internal communications support to FORMA leadership including strategy and planning, content development for business updates, major announcements and town hall meetings; two-way dialogue with associates; and effective use of an array of communications vehicles.
- Represent FORMA Therapeutics and serve as the primary interface with patient and advocate communities;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive patient engagement approach and strategy with cross-functional partners;
- Become a trusted and credible partner for advocacy organizations and patient communities, ensuring understanding of specific challenges and needs and identifying mutually beneficial opportunities;
- Champion the patient voice and experience internally among FORMA employees in support of FORMAs patient-centric approach and culture and use critical patient insights to inform corporate strategies and key decisions (e.g. clinical trial design);
- Update and inform the internal organization on patient advocacy trends, news and disease-specific developments;
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external guidelines.
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who is a highly effective communicator and who consistently maintains a composed and levelheaded demeanor;
- Capability to work well with leaders across multiple functional areas in a highly matrixed organization;
- Ability to understand, integrate and communicate complex information;
- Superior business writing and editing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills;
- Strong marketing skills;
- Ability to plan, manage, and develop a corporate brand and image in order to raise public awareness of the company and safeguard reputation;
- Demonstrated track record of conducting successful, proactive communications programs that employ creativity and use of variety of tools, forums, and media;
- Proven capability for crisis management;
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management as well as with outside agencies;
- Ability to work well under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced, unpredictable environment;
- Substantial public relations and an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the healthcare industries;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Ability to create concise and accurate presentations;
- Have motivational and persuasion skills;
- Patient advocacy experience strongly preferred;
- Bachelor's degree is required. Additional credentials, such as an MBA or other advanced degrees are desired but are not necessary for success.
FORMA Therapeutics is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of transformative medicines that will make a difference for patients in need. A fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company, FORMAs validated, proprietary R&D engine combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and clinical development capabilities to create differentiated drug candidates with best-in-class or first-in-class potential. FORMA has delivered high-value clinical candidates to its partners and generated a broad proprietary portfolio of programs, ranging from pivotal to preclinical-stage, with the potential to provide profound patient benefit in hematology, oncology, and metabolism indications. www.formatherapeutics.com Opens in New Window
Associated topics: addiction, behavioral, disabilities, forensic, lcsw, mental, outpatient, rww, social service, violence
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...