Autism Response Team Associate (Bronx)
Compensation: $64,580.00 - $104,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Come join us as an Autism Response Team Associate in NYC or other office based locations!
PURPOSE:The purpose of this position is to provide Autism Response Team (ART) information and referral services to Autism Speaks constituents in a designated geographic region, and to support the Family Services Department in delivering the mission of Autism Speaks. This position works closely with the Autism Response Team Manager and Autism Response Team Associates to ensure that Autism Speaks information, tools and resources are promoted efficiently and widely throughout the autism community.
- Respond to ART phone calls and e-mail inquiries from individuals with autism, family members, and caregivers, in designated states and/or geographic regions.
- Complete timely requests for 100 Day Kits and other Autism Speaks resources.
- Provide each contact with a connection to the full array of Autism Speaks resources, tools, and information, ensuring a comprehensive and supportive response.
- Complete 100% of ART phone calls and emails from approved phone/email systems located in assigned Autism Speaks office.
- Track individual contacts and work efforts using online Contact Log in live time.
- Provide weekly reports and feedback to the Autism Response Team Manager on trending ART topics to support the development of additional resources for the autism community.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Autism Speaks resources, local autism services providers, and state/federal systems of care and record feedback to ensure high quality ART referrals.
- Continually update and maintain Important Resource (IR) folders and work with Autism Response Team Coordinators to keep email template responses updated.
- Escalate any and all emergency situations or contacts in crisis to the Autism Response Team Manager.
- Serve as liaison to Programs & Services team, Regional Field Staff and other department staff related to Family Services topics, tools, and resources.
- Participate in a limited number of community outreach activities to promote Autism Speaks resources the autism community and increase personal knowledge of regional autism service providers.
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor/s. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon with your manager.)
Education:Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Experience:Minimum 2+ years information and referral, service coordination, counseling, or customer service related background; knowledge of autism and systems of services required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to research information; work independently, but also as a team member; ability to respond in a timely way to staff changing priorities
- Solid administrative skills and a high level of proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, database entry, social media management
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Must demonstrate high degree of initiative and a commitment to service in support of the organization s mission and staff.
Building Collaborative Relationships
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to enhance lives today and accelerate a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow for individuals with autism and their families.
Associated topics: chaplain, community and in home participating, community service, consultant, customer service, liaison, liasion, minister, resource specialist, school
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...