Retirement Services Marketing Portfolio Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Portfolio Management, the Retirement Services Marketing Portfolio Director is accountable for developing a Retirement Services division-wide strategic marketing and communication plan that achieves the business’ strategic plan goals.
The Retirement Services Marketing Portfolio Director is a vital partner who helps us deliver on our mission of preparing individuals, businesses, and families for a confident retirement. As the primary stakeholder relationship manager on the Enterprise Marketing Communications (EMC) team, this role is a strategic advisor to the division’s business partners and identifies business opportunities, consults with partners and brings outside-in market insights. This role also guides a cross-functional marketing and communications team focused on delivering key objectives.
This role is located in our Indianapolis home office and requires a broad knowledge of the financial services and retirement services industry, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, the ability to partner with others, drive to shared outcomes and work effectively across teams.
The Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- The Retirement Services Marketing Portfolio Director acts as a strategic business partner to the Retirement Services division executive leadership team, provides marketing thought leadership, counsel and synthesizes multiple business strategies for our multichannel, multidiscipline marketing organization.
- Accountable for the development of the top-level marketing and communication strategy and associated outcomes.
- Leads as a peer to position EMC as subject-matter experts.
- Partners with key Retirement Services and EMC staff to ensure programs, initiatives and projects are delivered on time, within budget and reaches desired impact.
- Ensures there is a healthy and viable relationship with our stakeholder groups, builds strong partnerships in and out of EMC, coaches and guides others to understand our stakeholder objectives.
- Coaches and guides the EMC team related to Retirement Services, provides context for marketing and communications related activities and ensures alignment of all staff and actions to anticipated outcomes.
- Manages the Retirement Services division marketing budget.
- Manages the portfolio of work with members of the Marketing Operations team, ensuring that the value of the portfolio is understood, priorities are set, and talent is aligned to execute the work. In addition, this role will interface with top-level leadership on a regular basis as a valuable member of the Retirement Services leadership team (indirect reporting structure).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment
- Strong executive presence
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Retirement Services business acumen with the ability to frame marketing challenges in the relevant business context
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and mobilize teams to build alignment, and trust with business stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of marketing communications research, target audience personas and ability to make data-driven recommendations
- Proven knowledge of strategies and tactics related to product and consumer marketing
- Strong communicator and ability to prepare compelling presentations
- This role will require upward of 20% travel
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...