Corporate Travel Consultant - After Hours w/DUAL GDS - **PREMIUM Incentives** (Matawan)
Compensation: $177,070.00 - $177,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
** A $500 USD sign-on bonus is available to candidates residing in the US who are offered between 10/25 through 11/25! **** PREMIUM INCENTIVES FOR AFTERS HOURS & DUAL GDS
PROFICIENCY! ** As an American Express Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to GBT corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements and special requests. Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day...
We are seeking Travel Counselors/Consultants whose duties will include executive servicing of our client's Senior Leaders inclusive of the C-Level executives.
- Respond positively to customers by making reservations for business travelers accurately and efficiently, aiming to complete the transaction at the point of sale. Complete any service requests and sell related products such as car hire, hotels & transfers. Make the customer aware of their company travel policy, and communicate this to ensure adherence. Complete after call work, finalizing the traveler's itinerary
- Ensure customer traveler profiles and details are accurate; build & maintain booker stars
- Provide advice on visa, passport and security requirements relating to the destination and confirm the issuing details for each reservation
- Make recommendations for improvement to processes, technical or otherwise, to ensure maximum quality and efficiency. Flag issues for resolution to team leader
- Undertake self-development and training to enhance skills to ensure achievement of both personal and business goals
- Develop a solid understanding of the corporate travel industry, and the key drivers for our VIP customers. Complete VIP traveler training to ensure 100% accuracy of specific VIP traveler requirements
- Actively promote the importance of our preferred supplier programs
- Demonstrate commitment to customers, provide unsurpassed service by understanding, anticipating, and exceeding their expectations.
- Carry out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of issues, make informed judgment, anticipate and prevent recurring problems
- Act with integrity and confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- Minimum of 2+ years Corporate experience REQUIRED
- Proficiency with 1 GDS (Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus) is required. Two GDS system experience strongly preferred (if proficient in one GDS, ability to learn another GDS required)
- Ability to work overnight shifts and at least one weekend evening REQUIRED
- SCHEDULING FLEXIBILITY IS A MUST
- Designated home office space REQUIRED
- Residence in the US/Canada required
- ** PREMIUM INCENTIVES FOR AFTERS HOURS & DUAL GDS PROFICIENCY! **
- Evening shifts ranging from 6pm-9am EST Monday through Sunday
- At least 1 weekend evening is required
- Weekend only, Split, 8, or 10 hour shifts available
- Work 30 hours, get paid 40 by working 10 hour DOUBLE weekend only shifts + 1 week night!
- Minimum of 2+ years International expertise experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates
- Have a passion to delight our VIP customers by delivering exceptional, consistent and personalized service that they expect and deserve.
- Possess exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively and clearly articulate with travelers at high levels within an organization and/or their delegates, in a wide array of situations that may be very complex
- Have the ability to communicate with confidence and create a positive experience within each interaction opportunity.
- Possess effective listening skills with the ability to determine root cause quickly, check for shared understanding and address misunderstandings promptly
- Use knowledge and all available resources, including tools and peer network, to effectively, thoroughly and sometimes creatively, resolve traveler's issue
- Be comfortable in dealing with situations that are highly complex and may involve numerous travelers at various different levels (C Level, Road Warriors)
- Always operate with a sense of urgency and interest and convey that to the traveler with their actions
- Be highly productive in a self-directed work environment
- Must be open to feedback and work well in a new learning environment
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative with a strong commitment to personal goals, objectives and work ethic
- Work well under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customer is essential
- Be very familiar with the systems, processes and workflows that need to be followed to deliver outstanding customer service and meet Global Business travel requirements.
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately. AXCESS@ Home (working virtual) Requirements:
- Must have a dedicated work space within own residence that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP's are permitted)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
United States>New Jersey>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
Associated topics: business, call, cash, financial, oms, options, sales, salesperson, trade, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...